Sunday, November 9, 2014

{And So It Begins...}

To begin, lets give you a bit of background.

Eric and I grew up fairly close to each other, but far enough away that we didn't know each other for a long time.

We went to different elementary schools, but to the same Jr. High. If you're familiar with the LDS/Mormon religion: we grew up in the same stake, but different wards. In short, we lived less than 1 mile away from each other. (16 minutes walking distance per Google)


In junior high we had one class together and then we had different choir classes, but had to join up for concerts. It was during one of these concerts that I had an interesting experience that I hadn't really thought about until a few days ago.

Because of the class Eric and I had together, I kind of knew who he was. (The story about that class can be read here) Now here comes the moment you will either take as 'inspiration', 'former knowledge' or you'll just think, "This chick is cray-cray!" You are entitled to your opinion, but mine is that it was a combination of inspiration and former knowledge.

We had either just ended a choir concert and we were arriving (can't really remember at this point), but I do remember seeing Eric with his parents and I just had this feeling that I knew these people. It was an odd feeling and I quickly set it aside, but knowing what I know now - I wonder if it was more.

It had more to do with his parents, even, than it did Eric. I had never even really talked to Eric and I definitely hadn't met his parents, so it really was odd.

And that is where the story actually began...


No comments:

Post a Comment