Tuesday, November 11, 2014

{The First Official Unofficial Date}

I call this our first official unofficial date because Eric was less than thrilled to go with me. (Ask him, he'll tell you) He only agreed to go with me because he knew Stacy would only be able to go if I went with them...

This is one story that I actually wrote in my journal about. Which is actually somewhat amazing as keeping a journal has never been a forte of mine.

As it was I made this journal entry a couple days after the fact and we'll just start there. I mention a few other guys in this post. Chris was my best friend and while I was 'into' him when we first met, we quickly just became almost best friends. Justin was the kid I really actually did like.

Also, apparently I knew nothing about correct grammar at this point in my life. AHEM...Oops.

Entry made June 12, 1996, date took place on June 10.

"Around 6:30 I went and talked to Chris. He told me I need to find 1 guy and he also told me that Justin wasn't my type. Then around 7:30, Stacy came and asked me if I wanted to go to Laser Tag with this other kid I like named Eric. So we went back to my house and called Eric back, then by 8:30 we decided to go.

Eric's friends, Russ and Jared also came with us. After Laser Tag we went to Arctic Circle, then we went to Eric's house to play basketball. At about a quarter to 12:00 we decided we better go home. When we got to my house me and Eric were talking for awhile then Stacy came out of the car and started talking to us too!

We all talked until 12:30 when we decided we better walk Stacy home. When me and Eric were walking back to my house we held hands and then we got on my porch and kissed for awhile and then we hugged for awhile. Then we all got in trouble for not being home on time."

There are a few things I remember quite clearly that I never even wrote about in my journal....

I totally lost the Laser Tag game. I had never even played the game before and had NO IDEA what I was doing. I also wore a white shirt which made me stick out like a sore thumb. However, I did keep the score sheet from that day.


I ended up spilling my milkshake all over the place before the whole porch incident and Eric CLAIMS it ended up all over him...uh not sure how that would've even happened.

When I said we all got in trouble, we did. Stacy and Eric both got grounded. I would've been grounded, but because I was technically 'home', my parents just let me know that they expected me INSIDE the house by midnight, not outside of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment