Wednesday, November 12, 2014

{He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not}

This next story will comprise of a few different journal entries. It was a weird time for me, for sure. And though I didn't realize it at the time, Eric was probably feeling all sorts of different ways as well. I almost wanted to entitle this post as Let The Mind Games BEGIN!

I am realizing I was a horrible writer in my teens. Talk about never ending sentences...Sorry about that.

Journal entry Wednesday June 12, 1996 Continued...

"On Tuesday (June 11), Eric called me and he told me he was confused about whether or not he wanted to make a commitment or not, I don't know what that meant, but then he said that I was exciting, so I don't know. Then when I called him today he was watching a movie, so he said he'd cll me back, but he never did so I don't know what to think. I guess I'll just give it time and then see what happens."

Why we were even discussing commitment after one date is beyond me. Probably in my hopeless romantic, teenage brain - I thought our 'relationship' needed some defining or something...

The 'mind games' continued for the next few entries.

Journal entry Thursday June 13, 1996

"Eric called and asked me if I wanted to go wash his car for him and so I said yeah! So he came and got me and Stacy and we went and washed his car for him. After we were done washing his car he took us to the church and let me and Stacy try to drive his stick-shift car, so Stacy went first and I went second. I think I did pretty good, except when I tried to park it."

I should've learned early on, Eric was a sweet talker and would be able to talk me into doing anything when the right words were said. And to this day I still don't drive a stick-shift. Eric hasn't let me learn in his car and to be honest, I don't know that I'd want to.

Continuing on...

The first part of the next entry describes how Eric called and I was so surprised, but I was quickly frustrated because all he wanted to talk about was who Stacy liked. At one point he put me on the phone with Russ and I went through the same rigamarole with him. But in the course of talking with Russ we get my next entry.

Journal entry Friday June 14, 1996

"Then as me and Russ were talking I explained to him how I felt about Eric and Russ told me that Eric told Russ that he liked me, but Im not sure. Then when I was talking to Eric again he told me that he'd take me to a movie, but he was even too broke to get gas in his car! So I guess that's a good sign. He also told me I did a good job driving his car until I tried parking it."


I love that I actually used the phrase so and so told so and so that so and so liked so and so! Hahaha! Total teenage conversation there.

The final entry for today's story goes a little something like this:

Journal entry Wednesday June 26, 1996

"As for Eric, I don't know what's up with him he hasn't called or talked to me since last time I wrote so I'm really confused."

As a teenager not hearing from someone I was so 'in love' with for almost 2 weeks drove me crazy! I hated the back and forth and not knowing what was going on. I definitely fell hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment